Friday 26 February 2010

HEL Ancilliary Poster (first draft)



This is my first draft of my ancilliary poster. I removed the eye from a photo I took during the filming process of my trailer and placed another photo of one of the key scenes behind it. I think this is quite good as it resembles some other film posters whilst keeping some uniqueness. I used a scribbly font for "The horror within" text to give it a panic look. One thing I am unsure about is the use of the red glow for the title of the film on the poster. Whilst it looks appealing, it seems to spoil the effect of the gradient overlay. I love the use of a cracked effect on the title as it looks almost blood splattered and therefore a key signifier of the horror genre, so people will know what this film is.

No comments:

Post a Comment