Friday 23 October 2009

"Paranormal Activity" Teaser Trailer

This trailer, I think, is highly unique. It contains footage of an audience reaction during an initial showing. There are on-screen titles describing what is going on. Th audience reaction was to show other audiences that this film was a trailer, if the title of the film didn't give it away. It contains some very jumpy moments from the film to give audiences a small taste of the film. However despite the sound clips of the film and the on-screen text, it doesn't really follow many of the trailer conventions. There are no production values, which could be to emphasise the home recording style aside from its very amateurish camera-work. There are no actual high quality shots within this trailer. There is a very discrete sound which could be classed as music, which gradually increases in volume and intensity as the trailer progresses. What I very much liked about the apparent style of the film was how it was like a home recording. I think it could be something I could use within my trailer, but I think to make a story to go with it could be more than a challenge. Music-wise, I think an emphasis using heavy metal or aggro-tech music could give a sense of horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment